If you happen to make money working from home, you’re in all probability busier than ever today. These 10 Mac tips ought to assist you to get extra finished sooner.
The way to mix information right into a PDF with Preview
So, you’ve acquired two or extra totally different PDF paperwork and also you wish to mix all of them into one, maybe for a report? There are two methods to realize this:
- Discover and choose the paperwork you wish to mix and Management-click them to entry the accessible controls. On the backside, choose Fast Actions after which select “Create PDF.”
- Or open one of many information in Preview and use the highest left drop-down menu to pick out Thumbnails. You must then see previews of every web page of the doc seem within the sidebar. As soon as the thumbnails of the primary PDF are seen, you’ll be able to add extra PDFs utilizing drag and drop into the sidebar — like including a web page. Even multi-page PDFs could be added with this one gesture. It’s useless useful.
The way to merge calendars
As can occur with different knowledge on our Macs, we might ultimately find yourself with a number of calendars for totally different functions. That provides rise to the necessity to merge a few of these to assist maintain and set up the info inside them. Right here is the best way to merge totally different calendars.
Open Calendar and click on on Calendars on the prime of the display to search out all of your present teams. Now choose a calendar you wish to merge and control-click its entry within the listing; that may summon up a menu from which it’s best to select Merge. You’ll be given the chance to merge this calendar with one other from the listing. Occasions from each calendars will probably be mixed.
Another tip: To see all of your upcoming entries from all of your calendars, simply kind a interval (.) within the Calendar search field.
[Also read: 10+ WFH tips for Mac users]
The way to velocity up iCloud
Saved one thing on one among your Apple gadgets, however it hasn’t confirmed up but in your Mac? Or are you wanting for a Picture that doesn’t but appear to have proliferated throughout iCloud? There are some things you are able to do however one which appears to work finest is to make sure each gadgets are related to energy — and restart the Mac.
Ship a Safari web page… quick
This is a super-useful Safari tip: In case you are engaged on or researching a subject in collaboration with another person, or just wish to shortly share an internet web page, faucet Command-I to open a brand new e mail containing the content material of the web page you might be on. Or you should utilize Command-Shift-I to create a brand new e mail containing solely the URL of the web page.
A quick strategy to entry System Preferences
It is a fast strategy to entry particular System Preferences: Press and maintain the System Preferences icon in your Dock. Wait only a second and a contextual menu itemizing all these preferences will seem, simply choose and click on on the one it is advisable entry.
Make use of Good Folders
Automate mission administration with Good Folders. These can mechanically collect duties with sure key phrases, dates and lots of different parameters. Take a look.
Use Text snippets
I’ve been a fan of these ever since I came across them. If you have text you regularly need to write, why not make life a little easier to use snd re-use by creating a Text Snippet? These are snippets of text you can automatically place in any document by dragging-&-dropping the snippet into any document.
Here is how to create one:
- Write the text (addresses, legal warnings, whatever it might be, and it can include links).
- Select the text and drag it to your desktop.
- You’ll now find a Text Snippet on your Desktop.
- Give it a memorable name and save it in a new folder somewhere.
- Call that folder Snippets and drag the folder into the left-hand column of a Finder window, after which it should always be visible there.
- You can add as many Snippets to that folder as you want.
In the future, you can just drag the relevant snippet from the easy-to-access folder in the Finder sindow sidebar directly into the document to save a little time.
If your Mac seems slow and sluggish…
If your Mac performance seems slower than normal, it might be that an open browser window, email app or some application processes may be using all your available memory. The solution is simple: quit your browser first. If you see an improvement, then it was probably a website eating up the memory. If you don’t, restart your Mac.
If no discernible improvement is then seen, then you may need other forms of support.
What to do if you forgot your Apple ID
If you forget your Apple ID password, you can reset it at the Apple ID website; just tap Forgotten your Apple ID or password and follow the process there. You will need to use the email address associated with your account and answer some security questions.
How to type a degree symbol
There are two keyboard shortcuts that let you type a degree symbol:
- Option-Shift-8 gives you 99° (the temperature symbol).
- Option-K provides 99˚ (the degree symbol).
I can’t really tell the difference between the two, but now you know.
There is also Option-0, which is used in some languages. º
Want more tips? Try these.
Please follow me on Twitter, or be a part of me within the AppleHolic’s bar & grill group on MeWe.
Copyright © 2021 IDG Communications, Inc.