Alongside the M1 MacBook Air, Apple additionally introduced the M1-primarily based 13-inch MacBook Pro. Like the Air refresh, this one too solely focuses on an inner overhaul with no design modifications. In case you are questioning how the new M1-primarily based 13-inch MacBook Pro is best than the Intel-primarily based 13-inch MacBook Pro, learn our comparability under.
Barring the change to the M1 chip and the enhancements that it brings to the desk, the new 13-inch MacBook Pro from Apple is precisely the similar as the Intel mannequin that it replaces. This implies the show nonetheless has big bezels surrounding it and the machine has the similar weight and dimensions as the outgoing mannequin.
Learn: The Greatest M1 Apple Silicon MacBook Pro and MacBook Air Options
M1 13-inch MacBook Pro vs Intel 13-inch MacBook Pro Comparability
- 13-inch MacBook Pro (Intel): 0.61-inch x 11.97-inch x 8.36-inch, 1.four kg
- 13-inch M1 MacBook Pro: 0.61-inch x 11.97-inch x 8.36-inch, 1.four kg
As talked about earlier, the M1-primarily based 13-inch MacBook Pro has the similar dimensions as the Intel-primarily based MacBook Pro. There’s no change in its measurement or weight regardless of the inner change.
- 13-inch MacBook Pro (Intel): 13.3-inch LED-backlit show, Retina Show, 2560 x 1600, 500 nits, Vast Shade, True Tone
- 13-inch M1 MacBook Pro: 13.3-inch LED-backlit show, Retina Show, 2560 x 1600, 500 nits, Vast Shade, True Tone
The M1 and the Intel-primarily based 13-inch MacBook Pro have the similar 13.3-inch Retina Show with 500-nit brightness. There’s no distinction in the panel right here and in case you had been anticipating the new M1-primarily based MacBook Pro to have a show with slimmer bezels, then sadly that’s not the case.
Learn: M1 MacBook Air vs Intel MacBook Air: What’s the Distinction?
- 13-inch MacBook Pro (Intel): eighth gen. quad-core Intel CPUs working at as much as 1.7GHz
- 13-inch M1 MacBook Pro: M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 7-core GPU in the base mannequin, 8-core in excessive-finish, 16-core Neural engine
The M1 Apple chip has an octa-core CPU whereas the Intel-primarily based 13-inch MacBook Pro had a quad-core CPU. The M1 chip additionally options an 8-core GPU and a 16-core Neural engine thereby giving it a significant efficiency uplift over Intel CPUs in AI and ML-particular duties.
Under are some efficiency claims made by Apple whereas unveiling the 13-inch MacBook Pro:
- Construct code in Xcode as much as 2.8x sooner.
- Render a fancy 3D title in Remaining Reduce Pro as much as 5.9x sooner.
- Fluidly design intricate sport scenes in Unity Editor as much as 3.5x sooner.
- Carry out ML duties in Create ML as much as 11x sooner.
- Separate out beats, instrumentals, and vocal tracks from a recording in actual time in djay Pro AI, due to the superb efficiency of the Neural Engine.
- Play again full-high quality, 8K ProRes video in DaVinci Resolve with out dropping a single body.
- Compile 4 instances as a lot code on a single cost, due to the sport-altering efficiency per watt of the M1 chip.
The brand new M1 chip is miles forward of another CPU in the market when it comes to energy in addition to effectivity.
One factor that’s essential to notice right here is that Apple continues to supply the 13-inch MacBook Pro variants with 10th gen Intel CPUs. This means that the greater-finish 13-inch MacBook Pro would possibly provide higher peak efficiency or simply be higher in chosen situations which the M1-primarily based MacBook Pro may not be capable of match in its present kind.
Connectivity and Ports
- 13-inch MacBook Pro (Intel): Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.0, 2x USB-C/Thunderbolt Three ports
- 13-inch M1 MacBook Pro: Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, 2x Thunderbolt / USB four ports
The brand new M1-primarily based 13-inch MacBook Pro options sooner Wi-Fi 6 help. It additionally comes with USB four ports, although the whole quantity nonetheless stays a paltry two. One bummer with the new M1 MacBook Pro is that it doesn’t help eGPU which the Intel-primarily based 13-inch MacBook Pro does.
RAM & Storage
- 13-inch MacBook Pro (Intel): As much as 16GB RAM, As much as 2TB SSD
- 13-inch M1 MacBook Pro: As much as 16GB RAM, As much as 2TB SSD
The 13-inch Intel-primarily based and the M1 MacBook Pro each include as much as 16GB RAM and as much as 2TB storage. The bottom mannequin on each machines include 8GB RAM and 256GB storage. The RAM is soldered on each fashions so one has to improve the RAM straight from Apple itself whereas getting the machine.
- 13-inch MacBook Pro (Intel): 58.2wH battery, As much as 10 hours of wi-fi internet looking, As much as 10 hours of Apple TV film playback
- 13-inch M1 MacBook Pro: 58.2wH battery, As much as 17 hours of wi-fi internet looking, As much as 20 hours of Apple TV app film playback
The M1-primarily based 13-inch MacBook Pro presents 7 hours longer internet looking and double the film playback time. By way of battery life, the M1-primarily based 13-inch MacBook Pro is a large leap over the Intel variations. There’s mainly no comparability between the two variants right here.
- 13-inch MacBook Pro (Intel): Begins from $1,299
- 13-inch M1 MacBook Pro: Begins from $1,299
The brand new 13-inch MacBook Pro with the M1 chip continues to hold the similar beginning price ticket of $1,299. Aside from the base mannequin, Apple can be promoting one other variant for $1,499 which comes with 512GB storage, although the efficiency on each variants is the similar.
If you have already got a 13-inch MacBook Pro that you just bought earlier this yr, then there’s no purpose to improve to the M1-primarily based 13-inch MacBook Pro. Nevertheless, in case you are on the lookout for a brand new 13-inch MacBook Pro, the M1-primarily based variant is a no-brainer.