A serious new change that comes with iOS 14 alongside dwelling display widgets is the iPhone App Library. The characteristic gives a brand new means to handle the many apps you’ve bought with auto-generated classes, a brand new alphabetical view, the capability to disguise app pages, and extra. Learn on for a hands-on take a look at how to use the new iPhone App Library in iOS 14.
The brand new iOS 14 dwelling display widgets and App Library mix to carry the biggest-ever overhaul of the iOS consumer interface because it first launched.
What’s the App Library?
Whereas dwelling display widgets supply a refreshed UI with totally different sized, customizable widgets, the App Library brings some good choices to manage and simplify the way you entry apps with auto-generated classes/folders, the choice to disguise app pages, a brand new means to handle downloads, an alphabetical app listing, and extra. The App Library lives at the finish of your final iPhone app web page.
How to use the iPhone App Library in iOS 14
Accessing the App Library
- Head to your final web page of apps
- Swipe yet one more time from proper to left
- Now you’ll see the App Library with mechanically generated app classes
Utilizing the App Library
- You may faucet a person app to open it
- Use the search bar at the high to discover apps
- Faucet the small 4 app bundles in the backside proper nook of a class to see all the apps in that App Library folder
- Pull down from the high of the App Library to see an alphabetical listing of all apps
- Fascinating sufficient, I haven’t had success launching the App Library with Siri
Hiding iPhone app pages
In case you like the thought of leaning extra on the iPhone App Library, you’ll be able to disguise your app pages. That makes it faster to get to the App Library.
- Lengthy press on a clean space of your house display or any app web page
- As soon as in edit mode, faucet the app web page dot icons in the bottom-middle of your display
- Uncheck the app pages that you really want to disguise
- Faucet Completed in the high proper nook
You may unhide your app pages at any time by reversing the steps above.
Managing the App Library
After you’ve edited app pages, you’ll see an alert that new downloads will present up in the Just lately Added part of the App Library. For now, the default is for brand new app downloads to additionally present up on your house display/app web page however you’ll be able to change that in the Settings app.
In case you’d like to have new downloads solely present up in the iPhone App Library and never seem on the dwelling display or an app web page, head to Settings > Residence Display and faucet “App Library solely.”
There’s additionally an choice to get a notification badge to “Present in App Library” if you happen to’d like reminders and a shortcut.
- Lengthy press on a class title or a black area in the App Library to delete apps
- Lengthy press on a person app in the App Library to add it to again to your house display
- For now, there’s no means to rename the auto-created App Library classes or rearrange them (hopefully that would arrive in an replace)
- You may nonetheless use folders on your house display or on app pages in addition to the App Library classes/folders, they’re separate
What do you consider the iPhone App Library? Helpful and worthwhile or do you suppose you received’t find yourself utilizing it? Any adjustments you’d like to see earlier than the public launch? Share your concepts in the feedback under!
Learn extra 9to5Mac tutorials:
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. Extra.
Try 9to5Mac on YouTube for extra Apple information: